Wildcard Student ID
Error uploading your photo?
Oftentimes, students attempt to upload a photo that has a file size too large for the ID photo.
To reduce the photo to less than 1 MB (the maximum allowed), an easy solution is to mail the image to yourself using your phone's mail app. On an iPhone, for example, when you go to email the photo, it will provide you the option to reduce the photo to a smaller size.
Once you email it to yourself, save the "new" file and upload that one.
What's a Wildcard?
Your WildCard is your University of Kentucky student ID.
Head to the Wildcard ID Office page for more information about current hours.
Upload Your Wildcard ID Photo
To have your student Wildcard waiting for you, upload your ID photo to the GET mobile app. Please read over the guidelines and requirements prior to submitting your photo online. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 859-257-1378.
How to upload your photo:
- Download the GET mobile app
- Select institution
- University of Kentucky
- Sign in with your Linkblue user ID and password
- Click settings tab
- Select Update Photo
- Select Upload
- Photographs mush be saved in JPEG format not to exceed 1MB
- Must be square to avoid disproportionate resizing when uploading
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken clear/in color & Full-face view directly facing the camera – shoulders high only
- Photo must be centered and taken on a solid white background only
- No senior portraits or professional photos allowed
Items not acceptable in photos:
- No shadows, hair, or clothing obscuring the face
- No headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items
- No dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses
- No hats or head coverings may be worn, except for religious purpose
- The face must be visible and the head covering cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face
- No group shots – only you in the photo
Review and Approval Process
Photo submissions are manually reviewed by the Wildcard ID office and can take up to one business week to be processed. You will be notified regarding if your photo is accepted or rejected. If your photo is rejected it will ask you to submit another one. The third time your photo is rejected, you will need to have your picture taken within the Wildcard ID office. You will not be able to submit any more photos online